NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION
The name of the organization is the THE SIERRA LEONE PROGRESSIVE UNION IN BELGIUM
MOTTO OF THE ORGANIZATION
The motto of the organization is: TOGETHER AS ONE
THE EMBLEM / LOGO
The emblem is a symbol of two hands, shaking in harmony, with a background view of both the Sierra Leone flag and that of the kingdom of Belgium.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To serve as a platform to the various regional Sierra Leonean organizations, i e to meet and discuss issues that affects the community
- To strive for unity among Sierra Leoneans in Belgium
- To work in order to establish a better relationship with other nationals
- To raise funds to help regions on cases such as death and deportation.
- To help in certain developmental project back home, especially in the fields of health, education and agriculture
- To create a link with other Sierra Leonean organizations outside Belgium
- To promote the cause of Sierra Leoneans in Belgium
- To integrate into the Belgium society
- To promote and preserve Sierra Leonean cultural and traditional values in Belgium
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Executive meetings shall be held on three monthly basis and general meetings twice a year and venue shall be rotational. Time, date and venue shall be determined by the president in consultation with the executive
- English or krio (lingua franca) shall be the medium of communication during meetings; but French, Netherlands or German, shall be permitted.
- A quorum shall constitute 2/3 of those present during an executive meetings
- All regions are equal.
- The presiding officer shall be address as president through whose permission one may speak, and he/she shall be supported by the whip
- Interruption or disturbances of any kind shall not be entertained or tolerated during meetings. A fine of five euros shall be levied upon any member violating this rule.
- Absence at meetings of any executive member without prior notice to the President or secretary shall be levied with a fine of five euros. This fine shall be increased to twenty euros when a member is absent for more than two consecutive meetings
- All regional monetary contributions are not refundable
- Members must abide by the laws of the Kingdom of Belgium
- Voting on issues of decision making is based on a simple majority
- Members and observers having ideas towards the progress of the organization can express these views during meetings
- Legal action shall be taken for misappropriation of funds. Cost involved shall be incurred by the culprit
- S L P U Belgium shall assist with the sum of one thousand euros on the death of an active regional member or a newly arrived person legally or after leaving center within ninety days.
- S L P U presidency shall be rotational (regional)